Information Services Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
BIC’s Information Services Program manages our centralized outreach and communications effort to hundreds of civil society partners around the world. The Coordinator’s two primary responsibilities are: 1) updating and managing BIC’s website, both front-end and back-end, and finding ways to effectively use it in our campaigns, and 2) addressing the technology needs of the organization. Depending on interest and skills, the Coordinator can also take the lead in our media work.
The Coordinator can expect to gain a thorough understanding of the key issues of concern regarding the international financial institutions and their role in development, and will be able to interact with civil society activists around the world.
1. Website Management
- Maintain the BIC website.
- Edit website content
- Work with program staff to ensure relevant web updates are written in a timely manner
- Guide and train staff on website style and maintenance
- Maintain website infrastructure (plugins and theme)
- Monitor website statistics with an eye toward improving the reach and effectiveness of BIC’s website.
- Assist with the maintenance and usage of our e-newsletter system, and contact database.
- Create a timely webpage that contains key World Bank and CSO-organized events during the World Bank Spring and Annual meetings
- Film and edit video pieces for BIC’s website as needed
2. Technology Infrastructure
- Maintain BIC’s computer system and server in coordination with the Network Administrator.
- Help staff with computer needs as they arise.
- Address other technology needs of the organization.
- Communicate with internet provider and other technology vendors.
- Coordinate the writing and dissemination of BIC’s newsletter.s
- Maintain and organize hard and soft copies of BIC publications in the office.
- Help with design and formatting of BIC’s publications.
- Manage BIC’s social media presence (Twitter and Facebook).
- Look for creative ways in which BIC can use the media to advance its campaigns.
- Monitor websites, publications and the media for information relevant to BIC’s work.
- Strong computer, web management and general technical skills, including experience with HTML and/or content management systems.Experience with WordPress a plus
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Interest in, and knowledge of, international environment and development issues
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate, detailed, and thorough
- Responsible and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Foreign languages, especially Spanish or Arabic, are a plus
Salary will be in the low to mid-30s, commensurate with experience. BIC offers outstanding benefits including generous annual leave with pay, fully covered health insurance, and a friendly work atmosphere in an international team.
Send a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume/CV to email@example.com, by Juuly 1, 2015. Write “IS Coordinator” on the subject heading. Anticipated start date is July 13, 2015. No phone calls please. Due to capacity constraints, BIC will only reply to short-listed candidates.