Gender and LGBT Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
We are looking to hire an Gender and LGBT Intern to support BIC’s work on gender, sexual orientation and gender identity issues as they relate to social protection and human rights in World Bank policies. The intern will support the program coordinator to advocate for the highest standards on social assessment and the protection of human rights.
The internship is ideal for individuals seeking knowledge and experience in the areas of international affairs, especially on issues relating to human rights, gender and LGBT issues, and multilateral development institutions. The intern will communicate with high level World Bank officials, along with social justice activists throughout the world. Our informal, dynamic structure enables interns to become immersed in BIC’s day-to-day operations and gain extensive practical experience and knowledge of the IFIs.
- Coordinate communication between BIC and other social justice CSOs (mainly in the global south)
- Contribute to policy papers
- Conduct research on negative impacts of World Bank loans on women, girls, sexual and gender minorities
- Update BIC website with relevant information regarding Gender and LGBT campaign work
- Experience working on and knowledge of the following issues: gender, LGBT rights, social justice, human rights
- Strong research and coordination skills
- Comfortable communicating with high-level officials
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
Salary and Duration
This is an unpaid internship. Duration is (ideally) 3-6 months, starting date flexible.
Send a brief cover letter explaining your interest in this internship and 1-2 page resume to email@example.com by November 15, 2014. Write “LGBT Intern” on the subject head. No phone calls please. Due to capacity constraints, BIC will only reply to short-listed candidates.